Sunday, January 11, 2009

Psychedelic Lollipops: Some mid 60s rock cameo moments on TV

From the TV time capsule.



The Beau Brummelstones on the Flintstones





Gilligan's Island



The Standells on the Munsters.



The Seeds on the Mothers-In-Law



Boyce and Hart on Bewitched

(Here is Redd Kross's tribute):





and here are Boyce and Hart (as well as Phil Spector) on I Dream of Jeannie





Chad and Jeremy on Batman




Some rocking guitar, on the Andy Griffith Show



The Bedbugs on F-Troop



Lewis and Clarke Expedition on I Dream of Jeannie



Sacred Cows (and Larry Storch as the Groovy Guru) on get Smart



The Turtles on That's Life



The Castaways



Ann Margaret and Desi Arnaz Jr. on Here's Lucy



Herb Alpert. I'm not exactly clear on the source.

And some non singing moments



The Monkees on Laugh-In



And, here's Frank Zappa and Mike Nesmith, in a clip from the Monkees, with both guys mocking the Monkees as insipid.




Ringo on Laugh-In

As well as this



Wednesday doing the Watusi on The Addams Family (which also features Gomez doing the Freddie)

And this was apparently never aired. Too bad!



Paul Revere and the Raiders on the unaired TV pilot, The Treasure of 67.

Here are some performance clips from various programs



The Knickerbockers - "Lies"



The Easybeats - "Friday On My Mind"



The Grassroots - "Midnight Confessions"



The Who - "My Generation" on the Smothers Brothers show



The Buckinghams - "Kind of a Drag"



Question Mark & The Mysterians - "96 Tears"



The Standells - "Dirty Water"



The Barbarians - "Hey Little Bird"



The Byrds - "Turn, Turn, Turn"



The Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction"



The Electric Prunes - "I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)" - The Mike Douglas Show



Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul



Lemon Pipers - "Green Tambourine"



1910 Fruitgum Company - "1,2,3 Red Light"



The Association - "Along Comes Mary"



Gary Lewis & The Playboys - "She's Just My Style"



The American Breed - "Bend Me, Shape Me"



from German TV, The Monks



from Dutch TV, the Pretty Things




The Cyrkle - "A Turn Down Day"



The Lovin' Spoonful - "Do You Believe in Magic?"



The Boxtops - "The Letter"



Captain Beefheart - "Diddy Wah Diddy"




Harper's Bizarre - "The 59th Bridge Street Song"



Blues Magoos - "We Ain't Got Nothing Yet"



The Cowsills - "The Rain, The Park, and Other Things"



Dino, Desi and Billy - RC Cola ad



Every Mother's Son - "Come On Down To My Boat"



The Five Americans - "Western Union"



The McCoys - "Hang On Sloopy"



The Kingsmen - "Louie, Louie" (a song that always makes me think of Animal House)




Sopwith Camel - "Hello Hello"



13th Floor Elevators - "You're Gonna Miss Me"



MC5 - "Black To Comm"



The Music Machine - "Talk, Talk"



The Leaves - "Hey Joe"


Love - "My Little Red Book"


and for something completely different



The Mothers of Invention on Dutch TV; this would have never aired in America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my
own blog in the near future but I'm having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm
looking for something unique.
P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had
to ask!
Feel free to visit my homepage skin lightening cream