Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Percussion



Last summer, I got invited to a "solstice party" in a neighbor's yard - a really fun time and a chance to meet some interesting folks. As the evening went on, some there had guitars and led those there in singing. Some of us played percussion instruments (I was given a maraca to shake), and it was s joyous experience to be making music together, to be part of a song circle, and to experience the warmth of creativity and communality with my fellow human beings.

Here, though, is another example of creative percussioning. This video is pretty amazing.

2 comments:

said...

I don't get paid to teach CULTure sooooooooooo I did this lill' work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LubuSAgB5s


.

Tom Conroy said...

Thanks, much, Tor, my friend, for sharing this with me. Excellent video.